Army Corps of Engineers Announces Three Registration Locations for Blue Roof
The US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) announces three sites for the registration of its Blue Roof program starting September 11.
The three mobile communication vehicles (MCVs), according to their press release, will be in place from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to assist residents with structural roof damage from Hurricane Ida.
Registration locations for the Toit Bleu program:
- Location 1 in Plaquemines Parish: Port Sulfur, 218 School Road, Port Sulfur, LA 70083 (YMCA)
- Location 2 in the parish of Lafourche: 4876 Highway 1, Raceland, LA 70394 (EOC)
- Location 3 in the parish of Terrebonne: 2161 Grand Caillou Rd, Houma, LA 70363 (Grand Caillou Middle School)
USACE Hurricane Ida Recovery Mission Commander Col. Zachary Miller said, “These mobile registration vehicles are an integral part of the Blue Roof program. The vehicle literally brings the app to residents and ensures that every resident, especially those in more remote locations who may not have internet service, can sign up for this free service.
Operation Blue Roof’s free service aims to provide homeowners in disaster areas with fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover their damaged roofs until permanent repairs are made, they say.
Once the blue roof is installed, they tell us the structure is declared habitable, as Operation Blue Roof protects property, reduces temporary housing costs, and allows residents to stay in their homes while recovering from the storm.
Qualifications and disqualifications of Blue Roof:
- This program is for primary residences or permanently occupied rental property with less than 50 percent structural damage.
- Vacation rental properties are not eligible for this program.
- Flat roofs or roofs made of terracotta, slate or asbestos tiles are not eligible. All storm debris must be removed for the roof to qualify.
The deadline to apply for this service is September 30, 2021.
Residents can visit Blueroof.us [u12097671.ct.sendgrid.net] to apply.
On the website, homeowners can register for Blue Roof assistance using a Right of Entry (RE) form, which collects residence information. The ROE is a legal document that allows Corps workers to access your property and assess damage to your home. The ROE also allows contracted teams to work on your roof.
Residents can call toll-free 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) for more information on the Blue Roof program.
Keep in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To join the newsroom or report a typo / correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters sent by email to your inbox. Choose from these options: Latest News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers
Like us on facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube channel