Barcelona could bring Alexis Sanchez back to Camp Nou
The summer transfer window was unlike any other. Check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Sanchez could return to Barca
Alexis sanchez could make a return to Barcelona from Internazionale in a move that would see Luuk de Jong go the other way, depending on sport.
Inter are happy to loan the Chilean striker to Barca, likely because the 32-year-old has only started two games this season with two goals and three assists in 14 appearances.
De Jong is loaned to Barca from Sevilla from Barca but struggled to find playing time with the Blaugrana, and Inter are keen to bring the 31-year-old Dutchman to San Siro to embellish his attack.
The three clubs are now working together to try and complete the various moves. Sanchez would likely be welcome in Catalonia, where he scored 47 goals and added 35 assists in 141 games during his last stint at the club between 2011 and 2014
Now it is apparently up to Barca boss Xavi Hernandez to sign the deal and President Joan Laporta to push it through.
– ESPN FC 100: Ranking of the best players in the world by position
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Newcastle United look to sign Kieran Trippier Atletico Madrid in January, and the new owners of the Magpies are set to make the former Tottenham Hotspur full-back their highest-paid player.
Talksport reports that the Trippier is a wanted man in the northeast with six months to go for his Madrid contract. Trippier was a key part of Atletico’s defense as they won the La Liga title last season. Many clubs, including Manchester United and Arsenal, have tried unsuccessfully to bring him back to England, but it has been reported that an offer of Â£ 25million would be enough for the Spaniards to agree to let the 31-year-old return to Premier League.
– Barcelona prepare surprise move for Chelsea teenager Ian maatsen, according to Football initiate. The 19-year-old left-back received rave reviews while on loan at Coventry City. Despite being highly regarded at Stamford Bridge, the Blues are at risk of losing him to Barca in January before he has had a real chance to show what he can do in West London.
The teenager joined Chelsea from PSV Eindhoven and is under contract with the club until 2024, but has yet to make his debut. The Netherlands Under-21 international has also spent time on loan at Charlton Athletic.
– Conor gallagher will not be recalled by Chelsea in January, according to Fabrice Romano. The reporter’s claim follows a press conference by Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel in which he admits he has no regrets letting the midfielder join the Eagles.
Gallagher was a revelation at Selhurst Park. By early December, he had racked up six goals and three assists for Crystal Palace, the most Premier League player aged 21 or under, and he added another brace with his brace against Everton last weekend.
– Arthur melo to leave Juventus in January, journalist says Nicolo schira. The Brazilian midfielder does not match the plans of boss Massimiliano Allegri and the club want to see him go elsewhere on loan for 18 months, with any potential new club having an obligation to buy him back after this period. Sevilla, AS Roma and Arsenal have all been offered the 25-year-old, but the stumbling block could be his current salary, which equates to â¬ 6million plus bonuses.