Which islands make the best tropical vacation?
While the Bahamas are sometimes considered part of the Caribbean, they compete with the islands in the Caribbean Sea. So which are the best?
When some travelers are faced with the decision to spend their vacation, they often choose a tropical vacation. The many island lists travelers can choose from may seem overwhelming at first, but it quickly becomes a frustrating task in no time. At first it might seem easy to wipe some options off the list, but then it becomes a tiring task when the list consists of two of the best islands in the world – the Caribbean Islands and the Bahamas Islands. In this case, only a few ideas and a little comparison are needed to make Tropical Vacation’s decision-making process easier.
About the Caribbean Islands
The Caribbean Island is a large archipelago region located in the beginnings of the Caribbean Ocean. It is located east of Central America, west of the Atlantic Ocean and north of South America.
The Caribbean island is also located southeast of the North American continent and the Gulf of Mexico. The Caribbean Island contains up to 700 islands which are home to some of the best beaches in the world.
Reasons to visit the Caribbean island for a tropical vacation
There are so many important reasons why travelers should choose this location for a tropical vacation. Some of these reasons are as follows;
- The Caribbean offers warm weather all year round: The warm Caribbean weather makes the beach more appealing to people who just want to cool off. This is particularly advantageous and ideal for travelers who wish to get away from the winter cold of their parts of the world.
- There are so many beaches in the Caribbean: Some of the best beaches in the world such as – Anguilla, Aruba, White Bay Beach and others, are found in the Caribbean Islands. Travelers exploring this destination will enjoy the beach atmosphere designed with tall palm trees, fine powdery sand, serene waters, verdant forests and delicious cocktails.
- The Caribbean islands offer rich biodiversity and robust ecological life: A wide variety of plants and animals have made their home in the Caribbean Islands. Some examples of plants native to the Caribbean include papaya, prickly pear, and the flaming sword plant. The Caribbean also contains many species of birds and reptiles as well as flowers such as hibiscus, bougainvillea and orchids.
According to Worldwildlife.org, the Jamaican island alone has up to 20 endemic bird species, 27 endemic reptile species and 21 endemic amphibian species, making it one of the most diverse ecological regions in the world. world.
- The Caribbean is rich in culture: The Caribbean is a place of rich culture that has been preserved over the years. It is almost certain that travelers will attend a cultural event or carnival while visiting the Caribbean.
- The Caribbean is home to great music: One of the most popular musical genres in the world originates from the third largest island in the Caribbean – Jamaica. Reggae is a style of music linked to Jamaican culture. Today, this style of music originating from the Jamaican people is celebrated in all corners of the earth.
Cuba, the largest island in the Caribbean, is also a place of great styles of music and dance. Many believe that the popular Salsa dance originated in Cuba before being found in other parts of the world, after which different similar styles were also developed.
Disadvantages of a Tropical Vacation in the Caribbean Islands
- Crime rate
- Mosquito exposure
- Vulnerabilities to natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions and hurricanes
About the Bahamas
The Bahamas are a large archipelago and an independent country located on the northwest side of the West Indies. This archipelago located in the Atlantic Ocean includes 700 islands that cover its 180,000 square miles of ocean territory according to the Royal Bahamas Defense Force.
Reasons to visit the Bahamas
The Bahamas is a good destination that invites vacationers to explore its shores and these are the reasons why this decision might be the best for the vacationer.
- Interesting national parks: Bahamian National Parks are strategically located in the best locations to provide travelers with unforgettable experiences. There are as many as 14 national parks in the Bahamas, which helps vacationers take a closer look at the diversity of Bahamas biodiversity. The features of these parks – wildlife, bird species, marine species and different plant species are all within the reach of vacationers.
- The Beaches offer captivating views and absolute comfort: It really takes a few things to make a beach interesting; the soft sand, the purity of the water and the atmosphere. The island of the Bahamas offers the perfect blend of all these features on its beaches so that the vacationer can relax and make the most of their vacation.
- Comfortable weather / climate: The island of the Bahamas has a tropical savanna climate. It is hot during the rainy season and cools down during the dry season. The sea; however, it is warm enough for vacationers to swim all year round. In hot weather, winds help moderate and balance the temperature.
- Thriving marine life: Besides the pristine waters of the beaches of the Bahamas Islands, different sea creatures live in its waters. Sometimes vacationers may spot dolphins inhabiting the Atlantic Ocean as they enjoy swimming in the warm waters of the island of the Bahamas. Other sea creatures that can be found in this water include sea turtles, lobster, Blue Tang, and sharks.
Tempting delicacies: The influence of Caribbean flavors has spread to the Bahamas to create unique local dishes that are hard to resist. Some of these dishes that vacationers should try on their next visit to this archipelago include Lobster, Conch Fritters, Conch Salad, Bahamian Fish Stew, Johnnycakes, Boiled Fish, Bahamian Crayfish, souse, lionfish and potato salad.
Cons of a tropical vacation in the Bahamas
- Vulnerability to natural disasters
- Mosquito exposure
- The cost can be high
The Caribbean and Bahamas offer everything a vacationer could need to enjoy a tropical vacation, so it really depends on the vacationer’s preference and intuition. The choice is between an island with so many cultures, beaches and more interesting options to choose from or an island with the same interesting characteristics as an interesting island but with fewer cultures and options to choose from.
It is noteworthy that the presence of good music in the Caribbean Islands has placed it above the Bahamas. In that case, a tropical Caribbean vacation will be the best choice for vacationers who enjoy the added Caribbean benefit of listening to the Reggae style of music in Jamaica or the entertaining Salsa dance in Cuba.
Next: What Jamaica has to offer tourists besides sun, coffee and rum
There are many pirate tours in the United States, here’s what to expect on a
About the Author